encompass is the creator of Know Your Customer (KYC) automation for major financial and professional service firms globally. It is a provider of simultaneous, real-time access to multiple sources of global company and person data. By using robotic search to discover everything a KYC policy demands, encompass delivers more efficient processes and faster, safer regulatory compliance, resulting in lower costs and superior risk management.
The Agile Tester roles are based in encompass's Glasgow office and you will be involved in the team with the following responsibilities:
As an Agile Tester, you will help design and define our QA processes and develop repeatable and automatable QA systems. You will work with Product Owners, QAs and Software Engineers on our encompass technology teams to understand the features and technical implementation. You will identify use cases, create test plans, define test strategies, and create qualitative and automated test cases in order to report to stakeholders on the quality and reliability of our products. You will guide Software Engineers in building the right unit and functional tests, define and measure Quality KPIs, and develop automation to enable Continuous Integration & Continuous Testing on the encompass software components and infrastructure.
You’re a critical and creative thinker, capable of questioning and interpreting the requirements of the business and who understands the value of good communication in a cross-functional team.
You appreciate the benefits of continuous integration and deployment and the ability to release often.
You’ll have the technical and programming skills to accelerate the testing process and to provide quick feedback.
In this role, you will be able to contribute to both the business and technical dimensions of the testing role:
Enable your squad to understand the business context given by the Product Owner.
Your good communication skills will facilitate the team to focus on the business problem during the entire project.
You’ll extract acceptance tests from clients using your expertise in techniques such as BDD to break down the barriers between business context from the client side and technical context from the engineers’ side.
You’ll pair with developers to huddle with the Product Owner before they analyse stories, in order to get enough information for the story to be understood. Pair to write acceptance tests to make sure that the story is tested before it is moved forward.
Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards and help create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
You’ll pair with developers to build the application, minimizing the technical gap.
You’ll also support developers to do TDD, fostering good practices for clean code and design patterns, and ensuring high quality code.
Your knowledge on test automation will help the team choose the best test frameworks for the project.
You’ll be responsible for making sure the squad has a good test strategy in place.
Depending on your experience, you may also work on non-functional testing areas such as performance tests and security tests:
Performance testing work with the Product Owner to find out SLAs (Service Level Agreement) and creating performance tests to measure and track the improvements.
Security testing work with the Product Owner to analyse possible vulnerabilities then creating tests to ensure that the possible vulnerabilities are being covered for a security mechanism.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field
· 3+ years of experience as a developer, QA Engineer, SET or Software Engineer
· 3 years of software testing experience
· Good understanding of building and testing Web applications and tools: e.g. XML, HTML, CSS, JSON, REST, React, AngularJS , Node.js
· Experience designing, implementing, and running test cases and test automation
· Experience in building and improving automated test frameworks
· Experience of Continuous Integration environments e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, AWS CodeBuild, Go CD
· Ability to write programs in Java, Python, C# or a similar language.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Attention to detail with an analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
· Experience of Agile working environments, pairing and working within a collaborative team
· Competence in translating product requirements into technical solutions
· Ability to understand functional and technical specifications and analyze data and output logs.
· Knowledge of test methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, build systems, and the product development cycle.
· Experience in white and grey box unit, functional and integration testing.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong coding skills in Python, C++, C#, Java, or a similar language.
· Experience creating and expanding automated testing tools and frameworks.
· Experience working in an Agile and Test Driven Development environment.
· Experience with sampling and instrumented performance profiling tools.
· ISTQB/ISEB certified tester - Foundation level