Head of Enterprise Architecture
Encompass is the creator of Know Your Customer (KYC) automation for major financial and professional service firms globally. It is a provider of simultaneous, real-time access to multiple sources of global company and person data. By using robotic search to discover everything a KYC policy demands, encompass delivers more efficient processes and faster, safer regulatory compliance, resulting in lower costs and superior risk management.
We use a modern tech stack, which is mainly composed of Java 8/11, ES9, AngularJs, React, Spring Framework/Boot, Micro-services, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ecosystem, Auth0, ActiveMQ and Tomcat8.
With offices in Sydney, Glasgow, London and Singapore, we are a rapidly growing international company offering a chance to be part of our success - read on if you think you’re up for the challenge…
About the role
Do you want to be part of a dedicated agile team which delivers best-in-class cloud-based SaaS solutions? If the answer is yes, we may have the ideal career move for you!
The Head of Enterprise Architecture is a digital transformation champion, sets the direction and establishes the approach of an organization's enterprise IT roadmap, improves the digital landscape, and optimises its business operations. They use their knowledge to make sure that Engineering, as well as the entire business, are aligned and travelling in the same direction, by linking the technology, processes, strategy and business vision together.
This is a full time role based in our Glasgow office.
Responsibilities and duties
This means, day to day you will:
- Lead the engineering strategy and vision
- Promote and champion API led connectivity and Event Driven Architecture (EDA) to facilitate information exchange between systems
- Build an Enterprise Architecture Management Framework for the organisation, and lead EA Governance and Architectural Review Boards, acting as the Design Authority for solutions
- Define and publish the Target Enterprise Architecture to align the engineering and business strategies
- Own the Digital Transformation Roadmap and Enterprise Architectural Runway
- Create business architecture models to reflect the organization's strategy and goals.
- Implement compliance architectures, such as data storage, metadata management, and change control
- Maintain up-to-date architecture documentation and flows as it relates to components, data, and their interdependencies
- Re-architect existing components to address growth/performance/scalability challenges, including migration and change management
- Supervise building of a near real/time decision platform based on utilising Data Lake, event streaming, and big data sets processing methodologies
- Oversee the evaluation and selection of 3rd party software packages and other services (including SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS)
Qualifications and experience
To succeed, you must have:
- Experience as an enterprise architect, lead architect, head of architecture, or chief architect
- Substantial experience in Digital Cloud Transformations, building and executing digital strategies
- Built solutions for high volume & scalable transactional digital platforms, preferably in payments, e-commerce, gaming, and/or Fintech/trading
- High commercial acumen and C level exposure, confident in managing Budgets and Roadmaps
- Experience in setting & running Architectural Governance, Digital Asset Management & cost/benefits analysis
- Able to establish and maintain strategic relationships with vendors
- Proficient in EA frameworks (TOGAF, Enterprise Canvas, Zachman) , BPM, BPMN, and Decision Management Modelling (Business Rules to ML)
- Deep knowledge of Cloud technologies (preferable AWS cloud services: EMS, S3, Lambda, Docker, Kubernetes etc.), especially Cloud Economy, and Big Data Management tools. Experience with the Kafka ecosystem, Avro, Spark.
- Experience in Master Data & Business Flow Modelling, as well as Customer Lifecycle & CLV
- Familiarity with Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tools & techniques
- Understanding concepts of a Service, connected networks, Service Design, SOA and Micro Services
- Capability to build and lead a team of data, infrastructure, and solution architects
- Proficient in Agile methodologies, preferably Scrum, Lean, and Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe), CobIT and SAFE certificates advantageous
Experience in one or more of the following would be advantageous:
- Knowledge and experience of KYC, risk & fraud management, and regulatory compliance
- Experience architecting a highly scalable SaaS solution
What we offer
We offer a rewarding and challenging place to work. We are fortunate to have some of the industry’s leading professionals and a team of bright, committed colleagues.
By joining us you will receive a very competitive salary, attractive benefits package and share options.
All employees participate in our share options scheme as we would like for everyone to share in the company’s success. Our collective drive towards our goals helps us to achieve great things. We also find our scheme creates a strong, companywide culture and determination to achieve our mission; to become the global compliance automation SaaS provider of choice.