Technical Product Manager, API
Encompass is the creator of Know Your Customer (KYC) automation for major financial and professional service firms globally. It is a provider of simultaneous, real-time access to multiple sources of global company and person data. By using robotic search to discover everything a KYC policy demands, encompass delivers more efficient processes and faster, safer regulatory compliance, resulting in lower costs and superior risk management.
With offices in Sydney, Glasgow, London and Singapore, we are a rapidly growing international company offering a chance to be part of our success - read on if you think you’re up for the challenge…
About the role
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager, API who will be responsible for defining the product strategy, roadmap and documentation to advance the delivery of Encompass platform features and functionality via API.
Reporting to the Head of Product, you will work with other members of the product team, as well as members of the data management, engineering, sales, partnerships, customer success and delivery teams across Encompass.
This is a full time role in the UK, working out of our London offices. Travel to client sites is expected to be up to 25% of the time.
Responsibilities and duties
This means, day to day you will:
- Be the subject matter expert and product expert for API. Be the single point of contact and resource for sales, delivery, customer success and marketing for all API prospects, customers and partners.
- Provide consultative sales and delivery input, especially during complex sales opportunities, through the combination of deep functional skills, subject matter expertise and a thorough understanding of Encompass’ assets, positioning the organisation as the best solution for the customer. Work closely with, and support, the sales and delivery services groups with respect to API integrations and pipeline.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of client needs and market trends, through client interaction and other market research. Meet with prospects, partners and customers and convert their feedback into concrete product improvements and milestones.
- Ensure that Encompass has all the required technical documentation and marketing collateral for the API in order to present a polished and impressive front to both business and technical counterparts. Own the creation and management of all appropriate API documentation, sandbox access and associated demo data, and training materials.
- Work closely with the data management organisation including data product management, architecture, data modeling and quality assurance teams. Make product roadmap recommendations and have overall ownership of the API as a product. Manage the development of financial business cases, ROI and pricing of solutions to drive the analysis and commercialization for enhancements and solutions.
- Own and create the API product strategy and roadmap. Work with product owners and development teams to translate API specifications into user stories for agile development teams.
- Execute release plans, partnering with marketing, sales and customer success to provide customer communication, product education, demonstrations, and expertise to internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with marketing and other cross-functional teams to communicate and promote the benefits of the API. Drive go-to-market initiatives and competitive intelligence gathering.
Qualifications and experience
To succeed, you must have:
- Experience in product management, business analysis, software engineering or product development, with experience working with APIs.
- Must be able to effectively communicate business concepts to technologists, and technology concepts to business partners.
- Deep experience building and or leveraging APIs and understanding of Developer API’s, the API lifecycle, developer experiences and familiarity with integration frameworks.
- Strong understanding of REST, GraphQL, Web Hooks, OAuth, Open API Spec, Swagger, Postman, etc.
- Ability to balance market and product vision with disciplined tactical execution.
- Very strong technical skills and ability to work with junior and senior level developers on data driven projects and complex technical solutions.
Experience in one or more of the following would be advantageous:
- Knowledge of the KYC/AML compliance requirements in regulated industries, e.g., financial services.
- Experience of working in a global business, working with remote teams and supporting remote business users.
- Experience working in the following environments: Fintech/Regtech, B2B software solutions, Regulatory compliance, Agile software development, Start-up or scale-up, AML/KYC Data, Data aggregators
- Strong technical knowledge of contemporary architecture and security requirements of financial institutions.
What we offer
We offer a rewarding and challenging place to work. We are fortunate to have some of the industry’s leading professionals, and a team of bright and committed teammates.
By joining the team, you will receive a very competitive salary, attractive benefits package and share options.
All employees participate in our share options scheme as we would like for everyone to share in the company’s success. Our collective drive towards our goals helps us to achieve great things. We also find our scheme creates a strong, companywide culture and determination to achieve our mission; to become the global compliance automation SaaS provider of choice.