Head of Data Management
Encompass is the creator of Know Your Customer (KYC) automation for major financial and professional service firms globally. It is a provider of simultaneous, real-time access to multiple sources of global company and person data. By using robotic search to discover everything a KYC policy demands, encompass delivers more efficient processes and faster, safer regulatory compliance, resulting in lower costs and superior risk management.
With offices in Sydney, Glasgow, London and Singapore, we are a rapidly growing international company offering a chance to be part of our success - read on if you think you’re up for the challenge…
About the role
This senior member of the Product organisation will define the framework and requirements for KYC data and will be the business leader of the implementation of the vision, in conjunction with Product and Engineering.
This is the first non-technology role in a (long-overdue) new business function at Encompass. Reporting to the Head of Product, this is a proactive, hands-on role, working across Product and Engineering to establish a data organisation within the company, and be the focal point for subject matter expertise in the acquisition, organisation, standardisation and publishing of critical data points and documents used by global clients as part of their KYC/AML processes. There is tremendous opportunity to build out a larger organisation as dictated by need.
The role holder will be the owner of the logical data model for KYC entity reference data and will work closely with the Product Manager for Data, the Architecture and Development teams, as well as with the Engineering Quality Assurance Group.
This is a full time roles based in our Glasgow offices.
Responsibilities and duties
This means, day to day you will:
- Provide deep subject matter expertise across corporate and individual entity data to support the technical development of a framework for reference data
- Be the owner of the Encompass data dictionary, data glossary, data model and lineage capabilities; own the vision, business requirements definition and roadmap for development, which will be message based.
- Be an expert in a number of data manipulations frameworks and tools, preferably when working with messaging infrastructure and having a thorough understanding of how to actively manage data structure versioning in a fast paced environment.
- Lead the development of reference data/metadata capabilities, including working with Engineering teams to develop functionality and processes that meet the needs of all users and stakeholders.
- Support the definition and capture of business KPI metrics and terms in a data glossary and their implementation in business processes.
- Own the Reference Data standards to establish and manage a baseline of a common understanding of data fields, schemas, processes, and general standards.
- Actively partner with the Architecture team, develop the logical data model ongoing including shaping it, governing changes to the data model, terminology and values created and ensure necessary controls.
- Work with the Head of Quality to be aligned on any data testing activities (e.g. Internal Availability, Early availability, General Availability) conducted by the team and ensuring that it is performed accurately.
- Enable data quality activities to ensure data from source systems is accurate, current, consistent and fit for purpose with the team supporting data quality investigations as required.
- Ensure accurate and optimised “match and merge logic” and survivorship rules in the creation of a single entity view linked to relevant ultimate beneficial owners (UBOs), subsidiaries, related entities and individuals, filing documents, and other evidence.
- Lead and drive continuous improvement, driving positive change and improved processes, organisation and documentation.
- Oversee the development and update of operating procedures and documentation, reflecting current policies and data standards.
Qualifications and experience
To succeed, you must have:
- Experience of entity reference data design and management including data dictionaries, metric definitions and glossaries
- Experience in data modelling and a broad understanding of data architecture, including defining the logical data model
- Experience in the creation, management and population of data dictionary content
- Excellent functional and administrative knowledge of Kafka, Avro, Nifi and Spark.
- A good understanding on Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) procedures and solutions
- Experience with data glossaries and defining metrics and terms for business KPIs
- Experience of MDM and single entity view concepts, including matching rules, survivorship and stewardship
- Strong attention to detail, complete with strong data gathering, problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient in the creation of process and procedure documentation.
- Excellent data end-point integration and business reporting skills, using tools similar to Power BI, Chart.IO, Tableau, Spotfire etc.
- Excellent SQL and noSQL query skills
- Knowledge of the KYC/AML compliance requirements in regulated industries, e.g., financial services.
- Experience of working in a global business, working remote teams and supporting remote business users.
- Experience working in the following environments:
- B2B software solutions
- Regulatory compliance
- Agile software development
- Start-up or scale-up
- AML/KYC Data
- Data aggregators
- The ability to clearly communicate solutions to both technical and non-technical teams.
- The ability to continually drive improvements in the processing of data and data management solutions.
What we offer
We offer a rewarding and challenging place to work. We are fortunate to have some of the industry’s leading professionals, and a team of bright and committed teammates.
By joining the team, you will receive a very competitive salary, attractive benefits package and share options.
All employees participate in our share options scheme as we would like for everyone to share in the company’s success. Our collective drive towards our goals helps us to achieve great things. We also find our scheme creates a strong, companywide culture and determination to achieve our mission; to become the global compliance automation SaaS provider of choice.