Product Manager - Tier 1 Financial Institutions
Encompass is the creator of Know Your Customer (KYC) automation for major financial and professional service firms globally. It is a provider of simultaneous, real-time access to multiple sources of global company and person data. By using robotic search to discover everything a KYC policy demands, Encompass delivers more efficient processes and faster, safer regulatory compliance, resulting in lower costs and superior risk management.
With offices in Sydney, Glasgow, London and Singapore, we are a rapidly growing international company offering a chance to be part of our success - read on if you think you’re up for the challenge…
About the Role
This senior member of the product management team will be responsible for advancing the Encompass business within Tier 1 global financial institutions.
Reporting to the Head of Product, you will lead the management and delivery of compelling and profitable propositions for the Tier 1 financial institutions segment. This is a proactive hands-on role, working across various teams to produce compelling propositions from start to finish.
The Product Manager will work with other members of the product team, including product managers, product owners, designers, as well as members of the Tier 1 Sales, Pre-sales, Customer Success and Delivery teams across Encompass.
It is a full time role in the UK, ideally working out of our London office. Travel to client sites is expected to be up to 25% of the time.
Responsibilities & Duties
Day to day, this means you will:
- Provide a deep understanding of the Tier 1 financial institution market, including customer needs and competitor moves, to determine and navigate the best path to maximise Encompass’ penetration, revenue and reputation - especially with regard to use of APIs to integrate with external platforms and datasets
- Manage the portfolio of Encompass offerings for the Tier 1 financial institutions segment
- Solicit input for concepts, enhancements and market intelligence, as well as lead the definition and implementation of cross-functional product strategies that will drive growth of Tier 1 revenues and customer satisfaction
- Be positioned as a thought-leader on KYC/AML policy and regulation which informs our company and product strategy, as well as the vision we communicate to customers and our industry. Activities to include: authoring whitepapers, speaking at conferences, webinars and podcasts, leading workshops with market participants
- Provide consultative sales input, especially during complex sales opportunities, through the combination of deep functional skills, subject matter expertise and a thorough understanding of Encompass’ assets, positioning the organisation as the best solution for the customer
- Be the single point of contact for sales, pre-sales, delivery, customer success and marketing for all Tier 1 Financial Institution prospects and customers
- Identify all required elements for our proposition and the whole product offering, lead the delivery of all the elements, drive delivery alongside product owners and release squads in order to achieve both specific release and long term product goals, while always knowing what it is happening with all releases and anticipating future status based on current scope and timelines
- Manage the development of financial business cases, ROI and pricing of solutions to drive the analysis and commercialization for enhancements and solutions
- Ensure that Encompass has all the required marketing collateral and technical documentation in order to present a polished and impressive front to both business and technical counterparts at the Tier 1s. Beyond marketing collateral, this would include technical documentation such as covering integration with internal and third party systems, data aggregation capabilities with public and premium data sources, and appropriate detail around features and functionality of the Encompass platform
Qualifications & Experience
To succeed, you should have experience in:
- Working in proactive, hands-on roles in the Tier 1 Financial Institution market
- Identifying, assessing, maintaining and bringing to market solutions that meet customers’ current and prospective needs
- Partnering with internal and external constituencies to identify, research, and analyse new products, services and capabilities
- Interfacing with internal and external senior technical stakeholders based on strong technical knowledge of contemporary architecture and security requirements
- Leading and delivering product releases and long term strategic goals
The ideal candidate will have experience as a Product Manager in one or more of the following environments:
- Tier 1 Banking
- B2B software solutions
- Regulatory compliance
- Agile software development
- Start-up or scale-up
- AML/KYC Data
- Data aggregators
What we offer:
We offer a rewarding and challenging place to work. We are fortunate to have some of the industry’s leading professionals, and a team of bright and committed teammates.
By joining the team, you will receive a very competitive salary, attractive benefits package and share options.
All employees participate in our share options scheme as we would like for everyone to share in the company’s success. Our collective drive towards our goals helps us to achieve great things. We also find our scheme creates a strong, companywide culture and determination to achieve our mission; to become the global compliance automation SaaS provider of choice.
For more information or to discuss this opportunity, please contact:
Shaun McInally-Buckley, Head of People