Encompass is the creator of Know Your Customer (KYC) automation for major financial and professional service firms globally. It is a provider of simultaneous, real-time access to multiple sources of global company and person data. By using robotic search to discover everything a KYC policy demands, Encompass delivers more efficient processes and faster, safer regulatory compliance, resulting in lower costs and superior risk management.
With offices in Sydney, Glasgow, London and Singapore, we are a rapidly growing international company offering a chance to be part of our success - read on if you think you’re up for the challenge…
About the Role
You’ll be responsible for understanding, translating and creating the requirements for the Encompass Product vision.
Working within the product management team, your role is to help create and author the requirements and manage the backlog for development teams to deliver the product roadmap.
To achieve this, you’ll work with various internal and external parties, such as product managers, other product owners, delivery consultants, customer success people, developers, QAs, technical architects and subject matter experts.
This is a full time role based in our Glasgow offices.
Responsibilities & Duties
Day to day, this means you will:
- Clearly and concisely articulate product and data source requirements, breaking down and refining product functional specifications and user stories, mocking-up wireframes (with the help of UX Designer as needed) and basic visuals / flows to support delivery where required
- Work with agile development teams to understand product features and functionality so that the team can break this work down into their sprint backlogs
- Ensure that product owners and development teams operating in an agile environment have all the necessary information and documentation to deliver specific releases and long term product goals; be available as needed for agile scrum ceremonies
- Participate in UAT and usability testing of designs, features and data integrations. Work with QA to test and manage new features to identify and log improvements and issues to resolve and to build these into further improve specifications
- Join delivery service teams to understand and document client needs and translate into actionable development requirements
- Understand and profile data sources in order to document requirements to access, extract and maintain real-time Encompass platform connections to these sources
- Understand and document internal and external processes and workflows, constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities and writing specifications
- Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs - document requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to complement overall business strategies
- Improve systems by studying current practices and designing modifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems and writing improved procedures
- Conduct ad-hoc financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning
- Understand the product roadmap deeply - contribute to it, challenge it, break it apart and add customer value at all times
Qualifications & Experience
To succeed, you should have:
- Knowledge and experience of agile ways of working, particularly scrum will be very helpful
- Ability to interpret direction and create structure out of potentially vague and ambiguous direction
- Ability to ask insightful questions to retrieve information from stakeholders, to absorb and contextualise what’s being said
- Experience working to demanding timeframes and be able to prioritise effectively
- Able to manage stakeholders and other people’s time if you are dependent on them for information
- Ability to model and visualise process flows to convey large amounts of information without relying on text
It would be preferable if you have experience in some of the following:
- Financial services
- B2B software solutions
- Regulatory compliance
- Agile software development
- Start-up or scale-up
- AML/KYC Data
What we offer
We offer a rewarding and challenging place to work. We are fortunate to have some of the industry’s leading professionals, and a team of bright and committed teammates.
By joining the team, you will receive a very competitive salary, attractive benefits package and share options.
All employees participate in our share options scheme as we would like for everyone to share in the company’s success. Our collective drive towards our goals helps us to achieve great things. We also find our scheme creates a strong, companywide culture and determination to achieve our mission; to become the global compliance automation SaaS provider of choice.