Encompass is the creator of Know Your Customer (KYC) automation for major financial and professional service firms globally. It is a provider of simultaneous, real-time access to multiple sources of global company and person data. By using robotic search to discover everything a KYC policy demands, Encompass delivers more efficient processes and faster, safer regulatory compliance, resulting in lower costs and superior risk management.
With offices in Sydney, Glasgow, London and Singapore, we are a rapidly growing international company offering a chance to be part of our success - read on if you think you’re up for the challenge…
About the Role
Do you want to be part of a dedicated agile team which delivers best-in-class cloud-based SaaS solutions? If the answer is yes, we may have the ideal career move for you!
We use a modern tech stack, which is mainly composed of Java 8/11, ES9, AngularJs, React, Spring Framework/Boot, Micro-services, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ecosystem, Auth0, ActiveMQ and Tomcat8.
As a Scrum Master you will work with Squads, with the aim to transition to a corporate Agile methodology that will fit the entire business. This will probably be SAFe 5.0 onwards, but at this moment in time it is still open to discussion. You will help maturate the business into an efficient process-driven enterprise. The overall goal is to allow agility for the Engineering teams, provide committed and scheduled products to meet the expectations of the Delivery and Sales teams and ultimately contribute to customer happiness. You will be responsible for monitoring the Scrum process and Scrum meetings, increase your team efficiency by motivating them, and advocate for changes that will ensure quality and timeliness. You ensure the DoD (Definition of Done) is being followed.
Reporting to the Head of Agile Operations, you will help plan, direct, mentor and train the entire organisation along with your Squad, while contributing to the efficient Operations of the business.
Responsibilities & Duties
Day to day, this means you will:
● Guide the team and the organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values, in order to ensure Customer Success
● Guide the team on how to get the most out of an organised approach
● Guide the team on how to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
● Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and of the organisation, coach them to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable
● Remove impediments and/or guide the team to remove impediments by using the right tools
● Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving
● Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating
● Facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution, providing goals/objectives, as well as expected results for meetings.
● Support and educate the Product Owner, especially on maintaining the product backlog
● Provide support to the team by using a servant leadership style whenever possible and by leading by example
● Organise and facilitate Scrum meetings and ceremonies, such as Stand-ups, show and tells, Sprint planning, and retrospectives.
● Be passionate with a commitment to quality and targets
● Be proactive, enthusiastic and output driven
● Be resilient
● Be an excellent people manager who can detect blockers and find ways of resolution in teams.
Qualifications & Experience
To succeed, you must:
● Have worked with SDLC and technical Squads before
● Have at least 2+ years working as a scrum master for a SaaS development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices and theory
● Have experience of promoting Agile methodologies and of managing stakeholders who don’t understand or appreciate them
● Have a thorough grasp of Atlassian technologies especially JIRA
● Have solid problem-solving skills, supported by a logical, methodical and thorough approach to implementation
● Be servant leader who can role model the desired culture, values and behaviours
● Be an expert in Lean and SAFe (5.0) methodologies
● Be familiar with and have experience on widely successful Agile technologies: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing and Agile Games.
● Be a master of facilitation, conflict resolution, empowerment, situational awareness skills and Agile knowledge
● Be an ambassador for continuous improvement and be tenacious in your pursuit of better ways of working. You also pride yourself on seeing things through and making the vision a reality.
● Be able to communicate effectively with both team level and C-level Executives
● Be an expert on SDLC and software process management
● Be fanatical about process and automation
● Be instrumental in the education and creation of educational roadmaps and learning paths
Nice to have:
● An industry standard Agile qualification
● SAFe 5.0 certification
What we offer:
We offer a rewarding and challenging place to work. We are fortunate to have some of the industry’s leading professionals, and a team of bright and committed teammates.
By joining the team, you will receive a very competitive salary, attractive benefits package and share options.
All employees participate in our share options scheme as we would like for everyone to share in the company’s success. Our collective drive towards our goals helps us to achieve great things. We also find our scheme creates a strong, companywide culture and determination to achieve our mission; to become the global compliance automation SaaS provider of choice.
Your application was submitted successfully.