About Encompass (encompasscorporation.com)
Encompass is the creator of Know Your Customer (KYC) automation SaaS for global enterprise. It is a provider of simultaneous, real-time access to multiple sources of global company and person data. By using robotic search to discover everything a KYC policy demands, Encompass delivers more efficient processes and faster, safer regulatory compliance, resulting in lower costs and superior risk management.
At Encompass we believe that the best decisions are made when people understand the full picture. So our team created a new way to automatically search, review and manage information from public registries, premium information sources and a growing range of trusted KYC data streams across the world. Today we have offices in London, Sydney, Glasgow and Singapore with a rapidly expanding global team.
About the role
The Assistant Accountant is a key role within the Finance and Operations department, based in our operations HQ, Glasgow, reporting to the Financial Controller.
The ideal candidate is a confident professional who works well individually as well as part of a cross-departmental team environment, and must enjoy the pace, variety and intensity of working for a scaling high-growth and agile tech company.
We are seeking someone with the energy and enthusiasm to ensure our financial information and procedures are maintained with the utmost integrity, timeliness and accuracy.
Bookkeeping and accounting
· Daily bank account and credit card reconciliations
· Month end completion; this includes reconciling revenue, detailed review of the P&L and Balance Sheet for completeness and accuracy, posting journals as necessary
· Balance Sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis to an audit ready standard
· Prepare monthly detailed financial reporting packs for each group company for discussion and review with management
· Support the Group Accountant with ad-hoc duties as required
· Day to day maintenance of financial and operational records within accounting system (Xero), billing system (Zuora) and customer relationship management system (SFDC)
· Deal with queries from customers and suppliers and own the shared accounts inbox
· Timely billing of customer accounts and sole responsibility for accounts receivable
· Global payroll preparation and administration
Controls and process management
· Ensure the accuracy of all supplier invoices, adherence to associated internal controls and process management, and ownership of accounts payable
· Detailed review of staff expenses to ensure in line with company policy and tax legislation in all Encompass jurisdictions
· Ownership of purchase order system to ensure the business and department heads adhere to financial budgets and process
Skills, Experience, Mindset
· Part-qualified accountant, actively studying towards completion of ACCA/CIMA/CA
· A well organised, motivated person who can work on own initiative in a high growth environment and always focus on continuous improvement
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Your application was submitted successfully.